Our free talks where are all are welcome are at The Old Library, West Norwood, SE27.
Talks are monthly, from April to November on Wednesdays at 8pm. Doors open at 7.30pm. The evening includes refreshments (with a small charge) and raffle – so bring cash!
Talks are the chance to hear from horticultural, gardening and environmental experts in a friendly atmosphere where questions are encouraged. You also get the chance to meet members of the Lambeth Horticultural Society, find out more about what we do and check out the pop up Hut offering.
And it’s so easy to join, if you are not already a member.
Talks for 2023
- 26 April Jardim Botanico Plantarum, Brazil See our Summer Newsletter for a report.
- 24 May Brockwell Park Community Greenhouses Write up in our Autumn Newsletter
- 28 June Butterfly Conservation This Talk was rescheduled for September.
- 26 July Urban Beekeeping & the Community Bee
- 23 August Reconstructing Planting in C18 Landscape Gardening Write up in our Autumn Newsletter
- 27 September Butterfly Conservation Write up in our Autumn Newsletter
- October – no Talk but Prize-giving & Social Evening 25 October Full details of prize winners in our Autumn Newsletter
- 22 November Round Britain Wiz
Talks in 2022
- November: In and Out of Africa See our Summer Newsletter for a report.
- September: A Brazilian Garden at Chelsea
- August: Pollen Analysis – a window on the past landscapes This talk gave an insight into how the landscape of our country evolved, and the amount of work that goes in to making these discoveries. We learned about coring to extract pollen for analysis, Cardigan Bay’s submerged Stone Age forest, and Roman praise for cabbage – smooth, curly and mild. For a full report by Betty Cox, see our Spring 2023 Newsletter
- July: Judging Chelsea Flower Show
- June: Transforming a local station
- May: The Abbey Garden, Tresco
- April: Gardens in Sri Lanka